How to storage a step ladder?
Here are some tips for ladder storage solution no matter what kinds of ladders you have. What are the ladder storage options? You can:
Use wall hooks to hang the ladder on the wall vertically.
Store the ladder at the ceiling by a manual pulley/hoist.
Store the ladder at the ceiling using a motorized pulley/hoist.
Store the ladder in a ceiling rack.
Hang the ladder on a slatwall panel.
Once you take your ladder out of storage and are ready to use it, it's important to take proper safety precautions. A ladder should be placed at a 75-degree angle from the ground to ensure the best stability. In addition, the feet of the ladder and the top support should be ¼ of the length of the ladder apart.
A ladder should always be stored horizontally for maximum security and safety when not in use. If stored vertically, the ladder could fall off the support system and cause damage or harm. Be sure to use more ladder storage hooks, ropes, or other tools if you have a longer ladder. Even a step ladder stored in a cabinet should have some type of support to make sure it doesn’t fall over.
1. Keep ladders in the appropriate environment to ensure they remain in good working condition. The area should be covered, ventilated and protected from the weather, away from damp and heat.
2. Always ensure that the ladder safety catch is applied to prevent any accidents from occurring.
3. Ladders can fall if stored vertically, so use ladder brackets attached to the wall to secure your ladder. You can purchase these brackets from our website. A rack or wall brackets are useful if you’ve chosen to store your ladder horizontally.
4. Lock the ladder into place to ensure no unauthorized use. If access equipment falls into the wrong hands, accidents can occur.
5. Don't place brackets too high or too low. The ladder needs to be within an ideal reach – not touching the ground, but not so high that you need to overstretch when removing from the brackets.
6. Make sure any nearby doors are closed and locked before stowing or removing ladders.
7. Ensure all walkways are clear so that ladders can be easily removed when you’re retrieving them for a job. The last thing you should be doing is working your way through a maze while carrying a ladder.
8. If ladders are permanently fixed use a ladder guard to prevent unauthorized access.
Are you looking for more ladders and tools for your jobs？Check here.